Let’s first lay down the basics and review the terminology of the different permission marketing measurements you should be tracking.
- Delivered describes how many emails were successfully sent out.
- Bounced describes how many emails weren’t delivered because it’s no longer a working email.
- Unique Views also known as Open Rate is the number of recipients that opened the email.
- Unique Clicks describes the number of recipients that clicked in the email.
- Total Clicks describes all the instances recipients who clicked in the email.
- Unsubscribes is the number of people who have unsubscribed themselves from your email marketing campaign.
So which one should you really care about?
Well the bottom line is, you can have all the subscriptions, unique views and clicks but they do not have any value unless they are making a positive impact, like driving relevant traffic to your web site or converting to a web sale or filling out a form.
Of course we all shoot for a high open-rate, but it goes even further than someone just opening your permission marketing email.
It is important to focus on what that recipient is clicking within the email and if they are converting.
It’s easy to get caught up on high percentages, but if someone is just opening an email and not converting by filling out a form or visiting the web site then how do you measure the success of that email?
With all this being said, it is vital for emails to have calls to action! If it’s calling a number or driving traffic to the website to fill out a form. This helps with measuring the success of your email and its positive impact.
Contact us at World Synergy if you’re interested in starting a permission marketing email campaign.