World Synergy’s “25 Ways to Succeed Online” guide offers practical strategies and innovative ideas to help your online business marketing company generate more leads and sales. Companies tend to forget how powerful the Internet can be and the capabilities it can do. The Internet can be your one of your greatest assets and deliver measurable solutions.
The top 5 strategies your company would benefit the most from are:
1. Think eStrategy
EStrategy is a marketing plan that outlines your business objectives and offline initiatives. We emphasize that online marketing efforts need to be organized and not just a file cabinet. Make a calendar, coordinate your efforts and measure your results.
2. Refine Your Website for ROI
What’s the purpose of having a website if the design and content doesn’t deliver? Look at your obvious flaws and ask yourself “how can you fix them?”
- Is your phone number buried near the copyright notice (it happens more than you might think)?
- Do you have tons of text on a page but no clear Call to Action?
- How are you validating your services and products?
- What clients, testimonials or case studies are you promoting?
- What affiliations and memberships can you tout?
- How intuitive is your purchase sequence?
- Are you using the right colors? Are your Add to Cart, Buy and Checkout buttons in appropriate locations?
3. Budget Money and Resources
Start with an initial budget and determine how much can you dedicate toward online marketing efforts? Again, keep in mind that any effort should be coordinated with traditional marketing. Are you committing one person, part of a person’s time, or a team? How much can you afford to spend with consultants?
4. Carefully Choose Keyword Phrases for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Part 1
Companies routinely select keyword phrases without considering whether their websites can support them. We’re big proponents of pursuing relevant, competitive keywords IF the updates to your current website or planned website match a strategy that can realistically achieve high rankings through the power of SEO. Look at your current content inventory.
- Are the keywords even in your website? Are they in page headers, the text, and the links?
- Do you have one mention in a single sentence, one page that stresses the keyword phrase or a whole theme throughout your website?
- Is the keyword phrase an integral part of your navigation?
5. Choosing Keyword Phrases for SEO — Part 2
Know where you stand today (and track your progress) in view of the competition.
- How old is your website?
- Do you have a keyword in your domain?
- How many pages have been indexed by search engines?
- How many websites link to yours?
- How do you compare to the website that ranks No. 1 or No. 10 on Google?
You can access the complete version of the guide, free of charge, here.
If you need guidance with your online business marketing, call us at 440.349.4940.